Head Hole Photo Boards
- A choice of foamex or foam core material
- Custom sizes and possibility to print head hole cut outs in matching sections (up to 3m x 1.5m each)
- Freestanding Backdrops supplied with collapsable struts on reverse
- Printed full colour direct to board with UV inks giving outstanding quality and long-lasting fade resistance
- Custom shape cutting available
- Face in hole board for wedding receptions and other parties
How many head holes can I have and will the price increase for more?
Whether you have one head hole or many more, you won't see a change in price, and you are free to have as many head holes as can be fit within the dimensions of your cut out.
What is the standard size for a head hole in the cut out?
For our head sized cut outs the dimensions we use are 170 x 210mm (17 x 21cm)
What is foamex board?
Foamex is a popular name for rigid, hard Foam PVC board, with brand names like Forex & foamalite. Foamex does not look or feel like foam material, it looks and feels rather like hard matt plastic.
What is foam core (foam board)?
Foamcore or foam board is a foam centred board. When you squeeze foam core board it deforms and feels spongy. Thanks to its foam centre, Foamcore Board is much lighter than hard foamex making it ideal for indoor display panels that have to be suspended or attached with Velcro (even if the size is large). Foamcore has a paper finish on either side, so is not suitable for outdoor use, but has been none to produce a smoother print finish as the material is more receptive to the inks. Click here for more information on foamcore (link pending)
What is the difference between Foamex (foam pvc) and Foam core board?
Foamex is hard, rigid and suitable also for outdoor use. Foam core is much lighter, has soft foam-like centre and is only suitable for indoor use.
Will the head hole cut out be suitable for outdoor use?
Whilst the foamex board used for printing is in fact waterproof, the struts attached to the reverse aren't designed to be used on an uneven surface, or able to withstand wind. For this reason the head hole cut out would be best used indoors.
Is it more expensive to print multiple colours?
No, we digitally print all of our products in full colour using UV resistant inks as standard. So you won't see any increases in price if you have a lot of colour in your artwork.
How do I submit my artwork files?
Simply attach your artwork via our upload option when placing your order, our uploader will accept Jpeg, Tiff, PNG, PDF and ZIP files up to 50mb. It is recommended to ensure artwork files are optimised to retain a reasonable file size.
You can also simply use our email address (at the top of the website) and attach your files. If you have any problems with sending large files give us a call or use file sharing services like WeTransfer.com. If you are using WeTransfer or similar, we highly recommend sending an email alongside this, as we do not pick up orders from WeTransfer emails.
What are requirements for artwork files?
Preferable file format is PDF or high-quality JPG. If you are supplying artwork ready to print, please make sure the design files meet all general standard printing requirements like:
- Files must be to scale (100% size) or at least in proportion (half size, quarter size etc.)
- CMYK colour mode (no RGB or Pantone colours as it can cause problems)
- All text must be converted to curves/outlined or at least embedded inside supplied pdf
- There is no need for extra bleeds and crop marks for simple rectangular signs
- Please include cut path for cut out boards indicating expected board shape OR simply describe where it should be, and we will draw the shape for you in most cases free of charge.
In case you require and design work or are uncertain about the files you have please just attach your files with description in your message. We will help and advice. If there would be any extra charge involved, we will let you know before proceeding with any changes.
Am I able to collect from you directly rather than arrange delivery?
We are located in a town called Whitefield just outside of Manchester City Center, if you happen to be local, or are just passing by, you're more than welcome to collect your order from us directly. If this would be preferred just let us know when sending over your order.
What thickness does foamex board come in?
The most popular foamex thickness is 5mm. We also stock 3mm foamex in large numbers. Alternatively you can also have 2mm and 10mm foamex (foam pvc) boards. Let us know if you have any special requirements.